All the major religions have recorded knowledge of meditation techniques, even if nowadays they are not commonly shared. These techniques have been developed, practiced & successfully employed for thousands of years. Recent enquires towards meditation vs science has proven that some advantages of sustained practice are:
- refining & improving our attention / awareness / insight
- assuring we remain focused even in situations of outer or inner turmoil
- more flexible attention span & we begin to observe the interplay of the mind
- perceiving influences in advance that shape certain situations
- providing the inner space necessary to make the most beneficial decisions.
A psychoanalytic tool
As we investigate further with meditation vs science, we realise the ability to observe the minds internal chatter as it arises & to pause before we respond is a significant tool in coping with potentially stressful demands at home / work. Meditation bestows the ability to identify sharp emotional impulses & provides the inner freedom to let them go.
Current research within meditation vs science proves what yogis have held to be true for millenniums – that yoga / meditation can prevent stress & disease.
“ Therefore, meditation has always been considered to be the greatest form of psychotherapy, provided that it is properly guided. It clears many things. “ – Swami Niranjanananda