Learning how to breathe again
Due to mainly poor posture & the tension of modern lifestyles we have forgotten how to breathe correctly; hence we’ve formed many restrictive breathing habits in the process. These have of course led to many common ailments such as:
- insomnia, indigestion, headache, chest pain, anxiety, panic / stress & anger issues.
Before learning classical pranayama, first we develop correct breathing methods & master these basic techniques; these practices alone can alter the entire physical & mental health.
Benefits of pranayama
Once comfortable with correct methods & yogic breathing, pranayama techniques can be gradually introduced. The benefits of such are:
- rebalancing the nervous system / harmonizing the endocrine system
- invigorating the immune system / increasing energy & vitality.
Additionally, mental clarity & increased levels of concentration are produced eventually leading to an expansion of one’s awareness.
At tattwavisionyoga we include many of the traditional Hatha Yoga Pranayama techniques:
- beginners stages of abdominal & yogic breathing alongside Nadi Shodhana
- Kapalbhati / Sheetkari / Bhramari / Ujjayi / Bhastrika / Surya & Chandra Bheda Pranayama
- advanced techniques incorporating retention / mudras & bandhas.
These pranayama techniques are mirrored on the original teachings of BSY (Bihar School of Yoga) & the International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centres.
“ Pranayama begins with the regulation of breath and ends in establishing full and perfect control over the life currents or vital inner forces. ” – Swami Sivananda