Modern health care
Modern health care systems have transformed medical care but lifestyle related illnesses continue to plague society:
- even in affluent countries health care structures are continuously overloaded & therefore unable to meet such demands
- our recent mentality of dependence contributes to this problem alongside modern medicine becoming a vast area of complex expertise.
Due to our reliance on GPs we’ve unfortunately moved away from the individual, family or small community medical care, losing basic fundamental medical knowledge in the process.
Prescribing your own medicine
Shatkarmas (yogic cleansing exercises), manage & allow optimum performance of the bodies various internal organs & systems by accelerating the detoxification process:
- modern society provides ample amounts of polluted air, food & water
- these cleansing exercises are safe, non intrusive & use entirely natural methods
- simple but effective cleansing exercises enhance the quality of life
- eventually they allow people more independence in personal healthcare.
Our bodies are continuously eliminating toxins via the internal cleansing mechanisms (lungs, kidneys, sweat glands & bowels). Shatkarmas are used in tandem with dietary concerns & yogic practices, to address any ongoing ailments & through time eradicate such disorders.
At tattwavisionyoga we incorporate many of the traditional Hatha Yoga Shatkarma techniques, as originally taught in the Hatha Yoga Pradipika & expounded by Swami Satyananda Saraswati:
- Jala Neti (cleansing / purifying the nasal cavity – ENT & asthmatic symptoms reduced)
- Agnisara Kriya (activates & improves the digestive fire + alleviates depression / lethargy)
- Kunjal Kriya (cleanses stomach – removes excess mucus & hyperacidity, improves respiration remarkably)
- Lagoo Shankhaprakshalana (intestinal cleanse – tones digestive organs & purifies the blood + ensures improved immunity)
- Kapalbhati (purifies frontal region of the brain – focuses & energises the mind, removes tiredness)
- Trataka (intense gazing develops concentration & removes mental distractions / insomnia).
“ Although the cleansing and strengthening effects of shatkarmas may be beneficial therapeutically, this is not their purpose. Shatkarmas are practices to promote the health of yoga practitioners and to awaken and direct the energies in the body, mind & deeper psyche. ” – Swami Satyananda